The train journey from Ella to Kandy in the Sri Lanka hill country is famed as being one of the best and most scenic in the world.
Ancient Sri Lanka capital city of Kandy, ‘the charming citadel of the hills’, featured by Time Out magazine
Time Out magazine’s Sri Lanka edition is highlighting Kandy, our island nation’s ancient inland capital city and home to our most revered Bhuddist relic.
Amazing Sri Lanka city walks in Kandy and Colombo shout-out from top Singapore travel blog Aspirant SG
Amazing Sri Lanka city walks in Kandy and Colombo get a rousing shout-out from top Singapore travel blog Aspirant SG.
More and more Indian tourists are visiting Sri Lanka, especially during the school holidays, writes Professor Ujjwal K Chowdhury in the Deccan Chronicle. Not only that, but he quotes statistics showing that 70 percent of those visitors find our tropical paradise “delightful”, with the remaining 30 percent saying we are “satisfying”.
Kandy to Ella train ‘the best way to experience the magic and mystery of Sri Lanka’s famed Hill Country’
The train journey from Kandy, capital of Sri Lanka’s famed Hill Country, and Ella, a magnet for hikers and adventure travellers, is regularly named by the travel trade as among the best in the world. With good reason. If you want to see the full magic and mystery of our epic landscapes, this is the way to do it.
Arch Daily, billed as the world’s most visited architectural website, is spotlighting an outstanding villa/boutique hotel overlooking the historic Kandy Lake in Sri Lanka.
The train journey from Kandy to Ella in the Sri Lanka hill country is one of the most scenic and relaxing on the planet. CNN Travel called it one of the world’s best, and everyone who has ever ridden the rails past jungle, tea-covered foothills and picturesque villages would agree.
24 hours soaking up the timeless heritage of Kandy, Sri Lanka’s ancient royal capital, is time well spent
Twenty-four hours is not a long time to appreciate the full glories of Kandy, the historic royal capital of Sri Lanka’s glorious Hill Country and one of our nine Unesco World Heritage sites.