A magical dream come true—30 reasons to visit Sri Lanka!
US-based Huffington Post (HuffPost) sent Instagramer Ioana Budeanu to check out Sri Lanka. She writes: “My lifetime dream of visiting Sri Lanka had finally come true. Last month, my photographer and I were on the island, for one magical week.”
She adds: “I have a lot of memories, photos and stories, and more important I have more reasons to come back. Because one week is not enough to explore and discover the fabulous universe of Sri Lanka!”
“The airline’s team spoiled us with amazing traditional food, cocktails, Ceylon tea, bears and fruit juices and we took some great pics with them. Memories in the sky :)”.
She cottoned on to Colombo right away, “with crazy traffic and generous people. We choose Cinnamon Lakeside, a 5-star hotel in the center of the city, with a beautiful apartment and a stunning terrace with lake views. Every morning I watched a dozen of pelicans flying and landing on the water—a picture that is not easily to forget”.
Her 30 reasons, in no particular order, include:
- Sri Lanka has the most friendly people in the world. Lots and lots of smiles on the streets, spontaneous conversations, and a magical sense of proud and love for their country. I love that!
- In Sri Lanka, you became a kid again and enjoy every moment. Like this, when I met this cute bird:))
- The sunsets are from soft pink to purple, and the air is full of sea and Frangipani scents. Magic!
- Local food and chefs are surprising. From fresh seafood to the elegant cocktails at the club, and to the traditional (comfort) dishes at the restaurants.
- The Ceylon Tea is one of the best in the world!
- The nights are magical, and we enjoyed a boat trip on the lake with food, drinks, and music.
- Near our hotel we found the largest Casino from Sri Lanka, where you can play even small sums of money, just for fun!
- Colombo is a hot, mesmerizing city. From the craziness of tuk-tuks, to the kindness of people, from the amazing food to the wonderful colonial hotels, from the heat of the days to the starry nights, we loved everything in the capital of Sri Lanka.